Monday, April 21, 2008

Playing with the First Presidency

Today Dalton was playing with some 5 inch figures of different occupational characters. After he told me what each one was, i.e. doctor, fire fighter, police officer, etc., I came over to the computer to check my email. I was not really paying close attention to him until I heard "President Eyring." Then I listened as he lined up the figures and said, "President Monson" and then "President Hinckley." I was really touched that he thought of these names for his toys.

Before General Conference we reviewed who was in the First Presidency. When I asked Dalton who our new prophet was he said "President Monson. President Hinckley died." Dalton is only two, but he has a great memory and a love for church leaders.

1 comment:

Jeri said...

What a sweet post! He does have a good memory, and good parents for teaching him those names!

(My nephew at the same age had the presidents of the church memorized, but he also knew their eye color. It was so funny to listen to him.)