Sunday, October 21, 2007

Angela's Arm Twisting

Angela insisted that I write something about my week, even though I don't have anything interesting to say. Well, I was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer) last week -- no big deal. I will have surgery to remove the small growth from my face on October 30th. I put my own name in the temple on Friday (that's a first). Afterwards I stopped off at the temple visitor's center to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir display. The highlight was the interactive exhibit that gave me a chance to conduct the choir.
On Friday morning, I took Kirsten and Dalton to the Patuxent Wildlife Refuge to see the beautiful fall foliage, where we got caught in a downpour 1/2 mile from the car (first significant rainfall in over a month). After noticing how low the lake levels were, we talked about praying for rain, but the Lord answered our prayers in advance.
Dalton has a new fort in the backyard, which we call "Fort Adventure". Photos will be posted soon. A couple of months ago our bishop asked the ward to read the Book of Mormon before the end of the year. We are reading about every 5th chapter as a family and the rest on our own. My seminary class just finished Genesis last week, so I need to keep my head in the scriptures during my train ride to work each day just to stay caught up.
Well, since I have fulfilled my commitment, I will sign off now.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Love your blogs. Congrats on your called in family history. Where's the center? at the stake center? So fun to hear about Dalton and see that adorable photo of he and his dad playing checkers. Mom McGhie

Jean said...

I guess I don't understand where the comments go, and I commented to Kirsten and Angela in the wrong place--oh,wel.... So this is to Matt. Thanks for the update and photos. Let us know after your procedure on the 30th. Love, Mom